Ukrainian Association of South Africa is a voluntary association registered as an NPO in May 2017. UAZA is a successor of the voluntary association “Ukrainians in Cape Town”, Ukrainian Sunday School in South Africa, and the initiative “Ukrainian Days in Cape Town”.
UAZA started as a group of Ukrainians who were getting together since 2014. The desire to register occurred after the Ukrainian Days in Cape Town and the first Ukrainian Festival were organized in March 2017.
UAZA unites Ukrainians and South Africans from Cape Town, Pretoria, Johannesburg, Somerset West, Nelspruit and beyond.
NPO # 189 – 705
PBO # 930060173
– To unite, develop interests of, promote and support Ukrainians of all generations and all backgrounds in South Africa, to be a valid representation of Ukrainian community in South Africa;
– To develop network of South Africans as well as other nationalities who are interested in Ukrainian culture, language or other aspects of Ukrainian social, economic, academic or political life;
– To promote Ukrainian culture, language and other information about Ukraine in South Africa;
– To promote cultural, social, academic and economic cooperation between South-Africa and Ukraine;
– To support and promote the territorial integrity, national identity, pride, security, humanitarian projects and economic prosperity of Ukraine;
– To cooperate with governments, nations, organizations, and individuals, to accomplish the above goals in the spirit of peace, freedom, equality and justice.